Thursday? How is it already Thursday?? Well, at least I can say that this week has been pretty quiet, which was much needed after the crazy last couple of weeks. Work, gym, and cooking. That's been the extent of my activities this week. And this weekend? I plan for it to be much the same. I will have to admit that when I saw this shrimp dish from Fake Ginger on Pinterest, I was mesmerized by the photo and I have looked forward to it ever since. Shrimp and a Sriracha sauce? Holy bejeezus! And, while it is fried and not the most healthy option...it was too good to resist. I will be making this again. And again. And again. So friggin' good!
Bang Bang Shrimp
Source: Fake Ginger
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4-5 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Vegetable oil
- Combine mayo, Sriracha, sugar, and vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine beaten egg with milk in shallow bowl and set aside.
- Combine flour, panko, salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and basil in another shallow bowl and set aside.
- Bread the shrimp by first coating each with the breading mixture. Dip breaded shrimp into the egg and milk mixture, and then back into the breading. Arrange the coated shrimp on a plate and pop them into the fridge for at least 20 minutes to help the breading to stick on the shrimp when they are frying.
- Heat 1-2 inces of oil in a deep pot to 350 degrees F.
- When oil is hot, fry shrimp 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on rack or paper towels.
- When all shrimp has been fried, drop the shrimp into a large bowl. Spoon the sauce over shrimp and stir gently to coat.